Please note the information below regarding the restricted consular service due to COVID-19.
Please note that due to the current health situation (Coronavirus/Covid-19) for every consular service an appointment has to booked beforehand.
Only the following services are currently offered:
- Emergency aid for German citizens
- Death declaration
- Social security and pansion matters
- Account closures for students (fee: 22500 FCFA)
- Presentation after the return from Germany
- Non-postonable certifications
Registrations in the appointment system for other purposes will be cancelled immediately.
All matters that can be dealt with at a later date should be postponed.
When certifying a signature, the consular officer confirms that you have personally signed or acknowledged your signature on a document.
Please bring the document and an identity card or passport to the appointment.
If you wish to have copies certified, please bring the original document and any copies already made that you wish to have certified to the appointment.
There is a fee for certifications. The fees can only be paid in cash.
For a certification, please book your appointment at this link.
The German Embassy can issue certain attestations. For example:
- Attestation of life (Lebensbescheinigung) for the German retirement Service (Deutsche Rentenversicherung)
- Attestation of having crossed the border (Grenzübertrittsbescheinigung)
- Attestation to Close a blocked bank account in Germany. Please bring your passport, proof of your bank account in Germany, the process fee and, if applicable, the refusal letter.