Preparation of a Schengen Visa Application
Please read the following information carefully and completely!
Please note the competence of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany Yaoundé regarding Schengen Visa. You´ll find all information about the competence of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany Yaoundé here.
The following documents must be presented as originals plus a copy of all originals. The documents must be sorted into two folders (please do not staple the documents!):
- Folder: Original documents
- Folder: Copies of all original documents (front and back)
Original documents will be returned after the application process has been completed.
Checklist for a Schengen Visa Application
The following documents / items must be submitted:
- Fees: Applicants aged from 6 to 11 years 30.000 XAF, from 12 years onwards 55.000 XAF.
- VIDEX Schengen Application Form Schengen or Schengen Visa Application Form: The VIDEX Application Form can be filled in online here. The VIDEX Application Form PDF generated after completion of the questionnaire must be presented at the time of application (if VIDEX is not used: Schengen Visa Application Form, completely filled in, signed). Children under the age of 18 require the signatures of both parents.
- Passport Photos: Two recent passport photos, size 35 x 45 mm, biometric (face photographed frontally), not retouched, eyes not covered, light uncoloured background (see leaflet “Foto Mustertafel”).
- Passport: Valid, signed, valid for at least three months after the end of the stay, at least two blank pages, copy of data pages and all pages with visas and entries and / or stamps, copies of previous German residence permits and / or visas.
- Cameroonian Carte d’Identité (NIC): NIC or proof of NIC, foreigners residing in Cameroon: Cameroonian residence permit.
- Birth Certificate: Original birth certificate (no duplicates: applications without the original certificate cannot be processed) and original court judgement (Grosse and Certificat of non-Appeal) if birth certificate is based on judgement.
- Proof of familial Rootedness: E.g. birth certificates of children, marriage certificate, etc.
- Proof of financially Rootedness: E.g. employment contract / integration decision into the civil service, salary- / pension statements for the last three months, checking and savings account statements for the last six months, leave certificate, proof of real estate ownership, tax certificates, etc.
- Formal Obligation, §§ 66 to 68a AufenthG or Proof of sufficient Funds: Original Formal Obligation in accordance with §§ 66 to 68a AufenthG, issued by the competent German authority, creditworthiness proven, or creditworthiness substantiated, not older than six months or proof of own sufficient funds to finance the stay (monetary or financial assets in bank accounts, no cash).
- Proof of Accommodation: Accommodation in Germany (e.g. hotel reservation, invitation by host, etc.).
- Health Insurance: Valid for Schengen-Area, amount of coverage of at least 30.000 EUR, valid for the entire stay.
- Flight Reservation
Family Visit - additional Documents
- Proof of familial Relation: Passport, identity card / German residence permit, birth certificate of the inviting party in Germany.
- Proof of Purpose of Travel: E.g. letter of invitation, Bescheinigung über die Anmeldung der Eheschließung in accordance with § 13 Abs. 4 PStG, certificate of baptism, proof of pregnancy, etc.
Business Trips - additional Documents
- Proof of Business Operations in Cameroon: E.g. Titre de Patente of the last three months incl. registration in the commercial register, other proof of current business operations (bank statements, contracts, invoices, ownership of property, etc.), etc.
- Proof of Purpose of Travel: E.g. letter of invitation, proof of sufficient funds for planed business projects, proof of previous business trips (hotel bills, contracts, bill of lading, etc.), etc.
Medical Treatment - additional Documents
- Proof of Purpose of Travel: E.g. confirmation of medical treatment issued by the attending doctor in Germany incl. appointment date and duration of treatment, proof of health insurance cover / cost coverage in Germany, etc.
Minors (all Applicants under the Age of 18 Years) - additional Documents
- Proof of Rootedness in Cameroon: E.g. current school certificate / certificate of enrolment incl. last report card, etc.
- Minors travelling without Parents / Guardians: Travel authorisation, signed by both parents / guardians, copy of passports or NIC of parents / guardians.