Checklist - Student visa

09.12.2021 - Article


The consular jurisdiction of the German Embassy in Yaounde covers Cameroon, Chad, the Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome and Principe and Gabon. The German Embassy in Yaounde is therefor in charge of your application if you have your usual domicile in one of the above-mentioned countries.

Required documents

Original and two photocopies

Originals will be returned at the end of the procedure.

Please make sure to sort the documents in the indicated order.

Filled-out and signed application form for a long term visa

Information pursuant to Section 54 (2) No.8 AufenthG (signed)

Two recent passport photos with a light background, standard size (35 x 45 mm). One glued to the form and the other attached with a clip

Passport, which is valid for at least another six months, was issued in the last 10 years and with at least two empty pages

Cameroonian ID card (or receipt) / Cameroonian residence Permit

Residence permit for the jurisdiction of the Embassy (if existent)

Previous passports (valid and already expired)

Birth certificate (and judgement if existent, certificate of non opposition) - It is mandatory to present the original birth certificate. Duplicates or copies will not be accepted!

Marriage certificate (if existent)

Birth certificates of your children (if existent)

Previous residence permit (if you have already lived in Germany before)

⬜ Additional documents for minors, if applicable (see the Information indicated below)

Detailed CV, specifying the diplomas, references and certificates etc. you have obtained

Letter of admission by a German University

If applicable, proof of enrollment into a German University

Registration for a German language course in the appropriate level (if required)

O-Level result slips and Certificates, A-Level result slips and certificates

Proof of further studies, internship, language course, employment etc. until present

A detailed letter of motivation

Proof of finance

Additional documents for minors (applicants below 18 years)

ID cards of both parents

An authorization signed by both parents (in English or German). The declaration of consent must be certified in Germany infront of an official body or abroad infront of a German Mission.

  • Authorizing the applicant to travel to Germany for studies
  • Authorizing the applicant to withdraw money from his/her bank account
  • Assigning a tutor in Germany in the same town or maximum 80 km from the town where the student will reside during their language course or studies

A letter from the tutor in Germany accepting responsibility for the student including

  • A copy of his/her passport
  • A recent copy of a registration certificate in their town of residence in Germany (Meldebescheinigung)

The Embassy reserves the right to request other documents than those indicated above and to verify their authenticity.

However, please do not hand in or send any documents without being asked to do so. Unrequested documents cannot be considered.

All documents, information sheets and applications forms from the German Embassy are free of charge.

Please ensure that your application documents are complete. Incomplete applications may result in a rejection of your visa application

All documents written in languages other than German, English and French must be translated into German and handed in with two additional photocopies.

Top of page