Information for applicants with residency in Cameroon

27.01.2020 - Article

The consular jurisdiction of the German Embassy in Yaounde covers the entire Republic of Cameroon. Please note the following information when applying for a visa.

Non-EU foreigners need a visa to enter Germany. The type of visa depends on the duration of the planned stay. If you want to travel to Germany for a short time (less than 90 days), e.g. for a family visit or a business trip, you need a Schengen visa. If you are planning a longer stay (more than 90 days), e.g. for study purposes, you will need a long-term visa (national visa).

National Visa / Long Term Visa

Kamerun© Auswärtiges Amt

If you are planning to stay in Germany for more than 90 days, for example, to take up studies, for family reunion or for employment, you must apply for a national visa.

You can find information on visas for the various purposes on the following pages:

Schengen visa

If you are planning a stay of up to 90 days within 180 days, you must apply for a Schengen visa.

Top of page