Information for applicants with residency in the Republic of Chad

29.01.2020 - Article

The consular jurisdiction of the German Embassy in Yaounde covers the Republic of Chad. Please note the following information when applying for a visa.

Non-EU foreigners need a visa to enter Germany. The type of visa depends on the duration of the planned stay. If you want to travel to Germany for a short time (less than 90 days), e.g. for a family visit or a business trip, you need a Schengen visa. If you are planning a longer stay (more than 90 days), e.g. for study purposes, you will need a long-term visa (national visa).

National Visa / Long Term Visa

If you are planning to stay in Germany for more than 90 days, for example, to take up studies, for family reunion or for employment, you must apply for a national visa.

You can find information on visas for the various purposes on the following pages:

Schengen visa

If you are planning a stay of up to 90 days within 180 days, you must apply for a Schengen visa.
In Chad, Germany has no foreign representation and is represented in certain cases by the French Embassy.

To apply for a Schengen visa, please contact the French Embassy in N'Djamena directly if you meet all the following requirements:

  • Your main destination Germany
  • You have residency in Chad
  • You have chadian nationality

If you are resident in Chad but do not have citizenship, please contact the German Embassy in Yaounde in order to apply for a visa.

Top of page